Offensive Assault

The first four traits are ruthless, marksman, lucky, and revenge.  What is the fifth trait I should get for Mercer and Princess.  Thank you.

Comments

• ATLAS-Z
    ATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And by the way, no one uses revenge on an offensive assault. 

Sure shot or vigilant in the 4th slot

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM or message ATLAS#5063 on Discord

Dresdenm4sStalker20
  • Hawaii
    Hawaii Member Posts: 74
    Thank you.

ATLAS-Z
  • m4s
    m4s Member Posts: 681 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ATLAS-Z why vigilant?
    Better Sureshot - chance to more Damage.
    And fit for Badges bonus .
    Vigilant - 50% reduce Damage in overwatch.
    The Expendables - Polska gildia
  • WellyLuga
    WellyLuga Member Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vigilant gets your overwatch damage closer to they of regular damage. With the addition of primed then this is slightly more useful.

Both sureshot and vigilant are barely going to make a difference, the margins are so small it really doesn't matter which you have. I still have revenge on Princess but that's mostly because I don't want to waste any tokens searching for a trait I don't need.
    ShadowWalkerBurmeliinis
  • m4s
    Sureshot for me better option - fit for Badges 
    FuriousMoldovan
  • ATLAS-Z
    WellyLuga said:
    Vigilant gets your overwatch damage closer to they of regular damage. With the addition of primed then this is slightly more useful.

Both sureshot and vigilant are barely going to make a difference, the margins are so small it really doesn't matter which you have. I still have revenge on Princess but that's mostly because I don't want to waste any tokens searching for a trait I don't need.

Definitely agree neither are worth the trouble if you're short on tokens. And sure shot is slightly better for badges due to LMS grouping. But if badges and tokens aren't an issue, i say vigilant is slightly better. 

Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Our page :

• FuriousMoldovan
    FuriousMoldovan Member Posts: 1,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For Offensive Assaults - only MM, Lucky, and Ruthless is what really matters.

Any other trait will be there for "just in case", very situational:

Revenge - good on lower levels only when you have defensive units on the team but it's pretty much obsolete in current meta.
    SS - could be useful but only with piercing weapons, better with +Primed armor.
    Vigilant - meh, I wouldn't bother. Unless you have all 4 - Vigilant, SS, Primed armor, and piercing weapon - then it will be of value.
    Dodge - could save you in dodgy situations (yep, intended lol) but only if you have armor with hazard suit, better with HS+dodge.

I just have old setup with Revenge, won't bother rerolling really.

Leader of the original TWD guild family (est. 10/2015). We Are TWD 😎
    FuriousMoldovan's NML Glossary & Guild Wars Difficulty Guide
    BenjaminTShadowWalkerAngelspitThüringer
  • m4s

• MudMoccasin
    MudMoccasin Member Posts: 953 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if my Mercer counts as a decent Offensive Assault:

ShadowWalker
  • Thüringer
    Thüringer Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭✭

Revenge - good on lower levels only when you have defensive units on the team but it's pretty much obsolete in current meta.
    Vigilant - meh, I wouldn't bother. Unless you have all 4 - Vigilant, SS, Primed armor, and piercing weapon - then it will be of value.
    Dodge - could save you in dodgy situations (yep, intended lol) but only if you have armor with hazard suit, better with HS+dodge.

Maybe a little bit late: Agree @FuriousMoldovan, for example you can use at this way these "iron skin / Eisenhaut"-badges, which are in my opinion nearly sensless for other classes / heros...  B)

m4sStalker20FuriousMoldovan
  • echonap
    echonap Member Posts: 198 ✭✭✭
    Only three traits matter. Use the fourth to match your badge sets. Better yet, save your reroll tokens for other heroes. The fourth trait of an offensive assault is negligible.
    BenjaminT
  • ATLAS-Z
    echonap said:
    Only three traits matter. Use the fourth to match your badge sets. Better yet, save your reroll tokens for other heroes. The fourth trait of an offensive assault is negligible.

Or help me dream up ideas for a more useful 4th trait coming soon to a NML near you lol

Our page :

ShadowWalker
  • BenjaminT
    BenjaminT Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2022
    What about “Teamwork”: Whenever the survivor is fully charged and completes an action which would earn a charge point, they have a percentage chance to pass it over to a teammate?

i don’t think assaults need any help in becoming more powerful! So maybe the fourth trait could benefit teammates. I reckon you could make this available to all classes and no one would put it on any other class besides assault. No other class could spare a trait to help teammates charge.

If this did become a thing then I think there’d be a very sudden and sharp increase in how many people hit top score in weekly challenge  :D
    WellyLuga
  • FuriousMoldovan

Maybe a little bit late: Agree @FuriousMoldovan, for example you can use at this way these "iron skin / Eisenhaut"-badges, which are in my opinion nearly sensless for other classes / heros...  B)

Mine is defensive but pretty much the same idea - just rerolled 1 trait to Retaliate to match badging since can't use them on bruisers.

ThüringerMudMoccasinladre5
  • Thüringer
    Thüringer Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭✭

Mine is defensive but pretty much the same idea - just rerolled 1 trait to Retaliate to match badging since can't use them on bruisers.

Agree / exactly @FuriousMoldovan, i rerolled at my offensive Mercer also only 1 trait: Dodge to Ruthless.

Very nice defensive Mercer! 👍🏻 By the way, my defensive Princess has the same traits, except the LT of course...  ;)

FuriousMoldovan
  • FuriousMoldovan
    edited July 2022
    I rerolled Princess long ago when she just came out - classic defensive traits 😎
    but yeah, Revenge is pretty much useless nowadays.

ThüringerAngelspit
  • avelardez
    avelardez Member Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine

BenjaminTAdzKyle