Vote on the NML 7th Anniversary Radio Call heroes!

Comments

• Stalker20
    Stalker20 Member Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm extremely disappointed with the use of the word 'their' in the wrong place 😆
    A lot of these complaints translate as ' my SMY/SPY team have level 10 traits so I want nobody else to have them' 
    ShadowWalkerBenjaminTChris7thLegioncrambert_necnyxx79WhereisHeathm4s
  • EKREM67
    EKREM67 Member Posts: 3
    Beta 
    Rick 
    Gleen 
    Abraham 
    Refus 
    Magie 
    Darly 
  • Mareliza
    Mareliza Member Posts: 39 ✭✭✭
    I love GUARDIAN CAROL. And I have voted for her. I use her all the times, for the moment 
  • m4s
    m4s Member Posts: 682 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Expendables - Polska gildia
    Stalker20CronusThüringerShadowWalkerATLAS-ZDresdenanniesprinklesGovernator
  • m4s
    Ideal voting have class meele and ranged separately!
    VersyseSugar4ree
  • ShadowWalker
    ShadowWalker Member Posts: 1,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    euchid said:
    Firekid said:
    Just means I can spend some phones on the warrior call today as it has more hero’s interested in than the anniversary call is going to be. 
    The Warrior Call is really good, if you want Tyreese and Ezekiel.

Ummm ... from the looks of it the Birthday call will have them too, but with a bigger jackpot, and better heroes overall :lol:

Also, this warrior call is 25 radios I thought those were "bad" now? Isn't that why players are saying to make the Birthday call a 40 radio call?

I'm just trying to understand, because I really don't get the logic of some people here.

Warrior Call:
    1. Costs 25 Radios.
    2. Has Zeke and Tyrese.
    3. Doesn't have Beth, Hershel.
    4. Jackpot of 512.
    5. Has Jerry.
    Birthday Call:
    1. Will likely cost 25 Radios.
    2. Will likely have Zeke and Tyrese.
    3. Doesn't have Beth and Hershel.
    4. Jackpot of 1,700.
    5. Doesn't have Jerry.

Maybe people really need Jerry tokens 🤔

(I'm sure this will age poorly once NG finally updates Jerry's LT)
    BenjaminTWastelandMan
  • Dmitry
    Dmitry Member Posts: 6
    40 radio calls

1. Ezekiel 
    2. Mercer
    3. Princesa
    4. Michonne
    5. Sasha
    6. Yumiko
    7. Guardian Carol
    Stalker20TomovicPetarSrbija
  • Mareliza
    Mareliza Member Posts: 39 ✭✭✭

The one and only!  <3

BenjaminTStalker20WastelandManTomovicPetarSrbija
  • Chris7thLegion
    Chris7thLegion Member Posts: 86
    I voted for the following below:

1. Princess
    2. GCarol
    3. Shane
    4. RGG
    5. Tyreese
    6. Ezekiel
    7. Beta
  • Chris7thLegion
    Chris7thLegion Member Posts: 86
    ZXer said:
    @Lexia I assume FiRo (Fighter Rosita) is not an option?
    Do you mean Brosita?
    Shezza10
  • Versyse
    Versyse Member Posts: 65 ✭✭✭
    m4s said:
    Ideal voting have class meele and ranged separately!
    As much as I agree, if only the 7 most voted heroes would be taken into account, it would be a separate ranged call and a personal Tyreese call  :D
  • ZXer
    ZXer Member Posts: 269 ✭✭✭
    We need BETH. And Tyrese- be seemed like he would make it.
    Member of MavsOG
  • ZXer
    What people (voters) need to understand:

1. Yumiko, Ezekiel, and beta are good enough at whatever level. They’re not exactly necessary at special calls.

2. Sasha and Princess are good enough at LT 7. In all fairness, sure, maybe some players still need them at special calls.

3. Beth and Tyrese are like Mercer. The only thing that makes Mercer better than Beth and Tyrese is Yumiko. But with weakening and perseverance (and perhaps new revolutionary scout weapon at some point), Beth or Tyrese combined with new rosita might be what Mercer - Yumiko is today.

So what should be voted on:

For sure = Beth, Tyrese. 
    The rest, sure, vote your conscience.

But ideally at least Yumiko should be replaced with Beth
    Member of MavsOG
  • Paste
    Paste Member Posts: 848 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2022
    Firekid (and ZX, sorry I didn't read your post before making mine) have a good point. This reminds me of concerts where the artists takes fan requests and the fans request the set list the artist plays every time, because they only know the most popular songs and want the same vanilla experience as every other concert. Opportunity missed for Hershel. At least Tyreese is making the cut.

Expecting Beth to make the cut is too far in the other direction though. We're not in the scout meta any more, and even if we were, she's only the third best scout, not including Glenn? Tough sell imo.
    If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89
    Chris7thLegion
  • ZXer
    LOL yeah I agree. Except the point that she’s the 3rd best scout. She should be no 2 if not no 1. What is no 1 anyway? HD? With weakening and perseverance, 2 morning stars team is almost always better than HD. On the one hand as you say - this is not scout meta anymore. On the other hand what can be better than 2 morning star? Beth.

Anyway the point stands - that some heroes like Yumiko and Ezekiel just don’t need special calls.

Beth does.
    Member of MavsOG
  • BenjaminT
    BenjaminT Member Posts: 639 ✭✭✭✭
    @Paste and @ZXer  

Are you taking in to consideration that a lot of us haven’t even rerolled some of these heroes yet? I understand you guys don’t need any Yumiko tokens because there’s very little difference between Firing Squad at level 8 and at level 9, but I don’t think that’s even on the horizon for a lot of players. Let alone going through the rerolling gambit of trying to get Weakening on the most frequently used melee heroes.

If other people aren’t voting the way you want them to then it might just be because they have other priorities?
    Stalker20anderfm12ADPaqTomovicPetarSrbijaGinjaTurtleChris7thLegionfearofthedark
  • ZXer
    1. There is little difference between firing squad level 5 and level 10, in all practical purposes

2. I only have weakening on Eugene, RGG, and Michonne, and now Beth. I have just unlocked her yesterday and finally had enough reroll tokens today to reroll her for the 3rd time.

Beth should be your no 1 scout. You don’t know what you’re missing if she’s not.

Problem is Beth got a bad name since start. But since NG revamped her LT and gave us perseverance and weakening - things have changed. Especially with star hero and expert LS
    Member of MavsOG
  • Stalker20
    @ZXer at level 7 firing squad is 95% damage, at level 10 it's 150%, that's a big jump and well worth getting imo. 
  • BenjaminT
    edited October 2022
    ZXer said:
    1. There is little difference between firing squad level 5 and level 10, in all practical purposes

2. I only have weakening on Eugene, RGG, and Michonne, and now Beth. I have just unlocked her yesterday and finally had enough reroll tokens today to reroll her for the 3rd time.

Beth should be your no 1 scout. You don’t know what you’re missing if she’s not.

Problem is Beth got a bad name since start. But since NG revamped her LT and gave us perseverance and weakening - things have changed. Especially with star hero and expert LS

I don’t disagree with point 1, but it has nothing to do with the points I raised.

The implicit question I asked you to consider is this; would you prioritise Beth over Yumiko if you were in the stage of still trying to get the preferred traits on Yumiko?

I don’t understand what you mean to say with point 2. Are you saying you think players don’t really need weakening on their main melee survivors?

• ZXer
    Oh yes definitely. Only thing you need on Yumiko is lucky - which you don’t even need anymore now there’s the lucky armor

rerolls are so rare that you have to prioritize. I would prioritize by going after your top warrior and top bruiser then top scout
    Member of MavsOG
    Paste
  • ZXer
    Stalker20 said:
    @ZXer at level 7 firing squad is 95% damage, at level 10 it's 150%, that's a big jump and well worth getting imo. 
    Rarely if ever you want to use Yumiko to kill. In few maps yeah the extra damage might come in handy, but at the same time for it to matter, your Mercer must be close to max out and by then it is doubtful you’d still be short of Yumiko tokens.

Member of MavsOG
    Paste
  • Stalker20
    ZXer said:
    Stalker20 said:
    Rarely if ever you want to use Yumiko to kill. In few maps yeah the extra damage might come in handy, but at the same time for it to matter, your Mercer must be close to max out and by then it is doubtful you’d still be short of Yumiko tokens.

I think we have a different understanding of the trait, if Yumi shoots all survivors within range attack the target for xx% damage, whether you use her in lead or in a SMY /PMY /SPY team it's worth having her trait at as high level as possible. I've noticed a big difference since I got her to level 7, also getting her other traits up is important. 
    ShadowWalkerThüringerADPaq
  • There is a huge difference between the previous SMY 5 hero 40 radios 3 rerolls call and this 7 hero 25 radios no reroll call, many more radios go for nothing, I guess the anniversary calls should have the best offers by far.. My priority is Guild Wars, in challenge i am satisfied with 5000+ stars, which I achieve without problems with the SMY team in a day -Many new and mediocre players throw radios at the wrong heroes, also, a new hero does not mean a needed, and necessary hero..

Stalker20
  • Paste
    edited October 2022
    @BenjaminT

I'm just disappointed that people use this once in a year exotic ice cream stand that offers you brand new exclusive flavors, and in the end people orders the same vanilla flavor they had yesterday and can get from the regular ice cream stand around the corner. Vanilla (SPMY) is currently 2-3 as popular as the new flavors. This is because people haven't had the time to learn the new hero leader traits, so they don't know what they're voting for. Everyone should vote for the 7 best heroes according to them, but the best heroes aren't actually that different for different people. Some preferences and priorities might differ, but it's mostly the knowledge about them that differs. That's the reason to be disappointed. People are just learning about GCarol and to a lesser degree Tyreese and Hershel. Don't you think this is disappointing?

And I indeed don't need any Yumiko tokens. They're only piling up:

This gets me through Nightmare Distance and GW island 20 with ease and without tools. I also finish the challenge every week with ~5250 average score. I built her like this intentionally and had no reason to change her. Low damage Yumiko still makes sense and always made sense for SPMY, because higher damage give you unintentional kills, so you fail to get the assault charged.

I'm not claiming that levels don't matter overall or that I don't have an advantage over new players with my level 8 "Good Out of Bad". The lesson is that you don't need levels for Yumiko. All you need is high enough luck so she cripples 100%. Then she's done. The only people who should invest in Yumiko is end gamers who want to use star hero through the entire challenge to get the max score. Since they have to use the star hero they won't be able to use SMY, so they have to use Star hero, Mercer, Yumiko a lot and then higher damage is the way to go (but the extra percentages still don't matter much because when you get all body shots...).

Edit: Also for people playing her in lead for example for last stand (which is still an end-gamer thing though, you don't need this to get to the 1%).

Yet she got more votes than Tyreese and Hershel did together, simply because people don't know the game.

As for Sasha, Princess and Mercer - Definitely level them up. Their levels make a difference. You don't need to go that high to get started. Level 6-7 is definitely enough to use SPY in GW and Distance (speaking as someone who has done it before Yumiko got added to the game), but higher certainly is better. SPY is very last years meta though.

And re: "Are you taking in to consideration that a lot of us haven’t even rerolled some of these heroes yet?" - I have rerolled one trait on Hershel, and zero on Tyreese. That's in part what I need tokens for. I have a ton of other melee heroes to reroll as well. I only have weakening on Zeke, Michonne and RGG (although I use a non-hero with Weakening a lot). But I don't understand how your reroll status is relevant for the lack of foresight to invest in heroes with good leader traits anyway?

@ZXer
    Sorry, I was reading these pages backwards and was at page 1 when I posted, so didn't see your post at first.

I agree on Yumiko obviously (I'm more extreme here). I don't really agree on Zeke though. You're correct about his LT, but Zeke hasn't been good for that long, and people still want to catch up with his overall trait levels, because for melee those matter a lot. Zeke is my go to man now up to round ~60, and I can get there faster having upgraded his traits, but I still have room to improve (just got three pink stars). It doesn't make or break the strategy, but still a huge deal. I think the majority will be behind my progress too, so it matters even more for them.

About Beth, let's just say I think every warrior hero is better than every scout hero, because they can hold the MS. This is the main reason. But I also think Bet's LT is still designed wrong. Same catch 22 as shooter Rick. She needs a buff to get the kills, not a buff after the kill. Can you still make use of her LT - sure, but it's a wildcard compared to warriors that can hit and stun and push multiple walkers, and Tyreese whose chage attack means he can passively hold back walkers in one place and then move to another place and push the walkers there into a wall and hold them back also, while scouts at best can hold back one walker by waiting in overwatch with Mercer's axe.
    If you want to get better at this game, join Discord and learn badge crafting and much more: https://discord.gg/cDhgv3AJ89
    BenjaminTanniesprinklesGovernator
  • Paste

a new hero does not mean a needed, and necessary hero..

No, but they released exclusively strong new heroes lately. They're all top tier. Hershel is definitely among the top 3 hunters (I would say second) and Tyreese is definitely the second best warrior (and I use two warriors a lot, so it'll help me a ton). It's in NG's interest to release good heroes because they want to sell radios. These new heroes are absolutely not necessary. You can do without them obviously, because we have done without them for 7 years. But they offer new strategies, as well as give you chances to continue playing when the main heroes are in the hospital. And you can vote for 7 heroes, so you can still vote for old reliable heroes.
    anniesprinkles
  • BenjaminT
    @Paste

Fascinating response, appreciate you taking the time and I hope it reaches more players. You’ve made a very persuasive case for Yumiko’s value being almost exclusively in the function of her leader trait and it not even being tied to her LT’s level. It’s funny to think the most irreplaceable ranged hero in the game barely needs rerolls let alone levelling to be indispensable to all of the popular ranged lineups.

Personally, Critical Aim has gotten me out of too many tricky spots and unfortunate spawns at the start of a mission for me to let go of that, and Lucky obviously helps. Neither of which are on Yumiko as she’s first unlocked, I think. But otherwise consider me converted.

Would you agree that Firing Squad lvl 4 and rerolling Lucky and Critical Aim is a high priority for players who are working towards completing challenge with their SPY team for the first time? I don’t know for sure but my guess is players in this position are way above the average player. I’m not sure about forum users though.

My guess is, and tell me if I’m wrong, that you’re disappointed with the bracket of players who have got Yumiko’s traits all sorted and have 6+ stars on her, but are still voting for her? Because I reckon that’s a much smaller bracket of players than the ones who currently have Yumiko somewhere between still being locked and not yet levelled/rerolled to be as effective as your Yumiko.

Don’t you think the latter group being the bigger is a more likely explanation for why she’s getting so many votes?

• m4s
    @Lexiacan You confirm 40 radio call?
    😍
  • Cromwell
    Cromwell Member Posts: 13
    Lexia said:
    You want to pay more for the call @FuriousMoldovan? 🤔 And is 1777 Tokens not enough? 😅
    40 call with 2 or 3 reroll and “only” double rewards is still way better.
    I will wait for thanksgiven call, was better last year
  • WellyLuga
    WellyLuga Member Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It'll be a 25 call. Otherwise they wouldn't be selling the fact that it's a 1777 jackpot. At least that's the way it's seemed to me.
  • Firekid
    Firekid Member Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t get me wrong my plea for Beth is completely and utterly for selfish reasons. I really enjoy using her and think she gives melee teams that bit more bite and really want to get her leadertrait to level 10 (25%). Not really fussed about others leadertraits once they get to level 8/9. 
    As for those who say they still don’t have SMY at a high enough level… I mean really. We had SMY in last years anniversary call and since then there has been a 15 call for each of those hero’s every single week along with other good calls during special events which contain those hero’s. There have been plenty of chances to get them. 
    Until very recently Beth hadn’t had a 15 call in 6 months (although it’s more common now and I’ve been taking full advantage of that) but zeke, tyreese, Herschel, T-dog. There are hardly any ever chances to get their tokens. Hence why I feel that it would have been nice to have them all in a special call where they could catch up to the other hero’s. 
    However this ia a community vote and the community want these hero’s then that’s fine. I’ll keep doing my 15 calls for the others and will get there eventually. 
    Last thing I’d say, for those who are massively SMY reliant, there is so much more to this game than shoot, charge, stun, kill repeat. It’s a deeply tactical game and some of the new hero’s add such diversity to that it makes it incredibly enjoyable. But play how you want to play and enjoy the game how you want to. It’s what makes this game great and always has done, there is no 1 “right” way to play it.
    BenjaminTStalker20PasteThüringeranniesprinkles