Last stand new bug

bwild
bwild Member Posts: 11
Anyone else having an issue with last stand just automatically ending your run? Had all 3 survivors still alive and it just ended my run almost like I fleed but didn't. Has also happened to a couple other guild members around round 50. Just boots us out in middle of a run
and98

Comments

• JordanYuki
    JordanYuki Member Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not a bug. Happens when you’re not killing walkers fast enough. 
  • zbot
    zbot Member, OW Moderator, NML Legendary Moderator Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bwild as @JordanYuki mentioned, there are 3 ways for Last Stand to end:

1) All your survivors are dead,
    2) You flee,
    3) When the map becomes overrun with walkers

It looks like what happened was 3) for you.
  • bwild
    Map wasn't even overrun when I got kicked out. And I had a different run where there were way more walkers on the map and it was completely full and still let me keep going
  • bwild
    On the 21m run i got to play till i died with screen completely full. On the 2m run it kicked me out with plenty of room

• bwild
    ss 
  • zbot
    zbot Member, OW Moderator, NML Legendary Moderator Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bwild when the walkers spawn, if there isn't enough space, you lose but if you feel that this isn't what happened, please contact in game support and they can look into it.

Click settings (gear icon), help, contact us.
  • Burmeliinis
    Burmeliinis Member Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    The 2 million mark is crucial here. At that point walkers spawn from only one side, so if that particular side is filled up, the mission with end. But not long after that, the spawn area changes to all sides, meaning there is much more possible places for the walkers to spawn.
    Ingame username: Jubjab
  • bwild
    No I was on round 45 when it happened the walkers start spawning from everywhere at round 40. And I'm not the only one this is happening to in my guild
    MichelWars
  • BloodyChainsaw
    BloodyChainsaw Member Posts: 206 ✭✭✭✭
    Yep kicked me out 3 times yesterday and I wasn’t even close to having too many walkers filling up the map. Did it at round 50 then 60. Kinda odd how it’s happen on an even round like then instead of let’s just say 51 or 62 or something like that. Sent ticket into support but if I get more tickets for last stand that doesn’t help me because I will just have the same thing happen again so I won’t be using them. Bwild is correct it is indeed not on the players this is a bug happening.
    MichelWars
  • Wachtruppe
    Wachtruppe Member Posts: 1
    edited January 2023
    It kicked me out at round 47. My survivors were not dead, the map was not overrun with walkers, and I did not flee. I understand what they’re saying about the map ending if there isn’t room for new walkers to spawn, but this clearly isn’t the case for me, bwild, or bloody. This isn’t an isolated case. Sure sounds like a bug to me.
    MichelWars
  • Burmeliinis
    Be sure to record your gameplay, that’s crucial to determining whether it’s a bug or not.
  • BloodyChainsaw
    Like I said I’m not wasting any more time on it and how could it possibly be anything else but a bug. Didn’t flee. Map not even close to being full up. All 3 survivors still alive. 
    MichelWars
  • bwild
    I did have a video going but unfortunately it didn't save for some reason but I did manage to snag this SS. Hard to see but there is space right in front of zeke and on the left side for walkers to spawn. Also there was more space but it's covered up by the end screen in the back. Just force ended the run 
  • bwild
    Ss 
  • Lexia
    Lexia Member Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hello,

Jumping in real quick after discussing with the team and asking for a closer look on the matter. As far as we've been able to check from the game setups and also some of the reports we have received, there is no clear indication of any issue with the mode. 

As zbot mentioned earlier, it's most likely the map getting overrun with walkers that is causing the run to end. So you are aware, the max amount of walkers that you can have on the map before it gets overrun is 50. If you have 51 walkers or more, then it's overrun and your run ends. One thing together with this which can be good to keep in mind, is that since we have different maps in use for Last Stand, and some have more or less obstacles/objects, it may also on some maps look like there is plenty of space because there are less items on the map.

I think some points that may be good to keep in mind. That said, if you are able to record or screenshot a clear situation where the above isn't happening (eg. you have less than 50 walkers on the map and the run ends), please do report it via support so we can continue investigation with the newfound information. 

PS. We were also discussing potentially adding a counter for the walker amount in the game mode, which may also help make this clearer in general
    BloodyChainsawJordanYukiATLAS-ZMichelWars
  • BloodyChainsaw
    That’s all great and dandy but as I’ve stated and others here the game mode booted us out without having the apparently unknown by many walker limit of 50 in the map. Getting booted at round 50 or sooner is a clear indication that something else is happening because the map wouldn’t be so full up as you say close to the limit. Anyways maybe you should increase it anyhow as well as put in the counter.
  • Burmeliinis
    Thanks Lexia for that piece of information, which had not been disclosed before. Since you basically never can see the total amount of walkers on the map (since some are always hidden behind obstacles) a counter would definitely be very welcome, and it would increase NG's revenue as people would start spamming grenades when the limit is approaching.
    ATLAS-ZNovells7eyeW8RysingPhoenix
  • bwild
    Pretty sure I was no where near 50 walkers on the map when I've been booted out as I had way more on the screen on my longer runs this week. However I have no way to prove that seeing as how so many of them are hidden. 

On another note though why would you make a mode completely about surviving as long as possible and then be like nope 51 walkers that's to many the mode is over. If I am able to control the walkers and map it shouldn't matter how many walkers there are. The 50 walker limit should be removed and them that would clear up this issue too. Then if we still get booted out it would also prove our point that there is something wrong. 
    BloodyChainsaws7eyeW8
  • JordanYuki
    JordanYuki Member Posts: 716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexia said:

PS. We were also discussing potentially adding a counter for the walker amount in the game mode, which may also help make this clearer in general
    Yes please!
    ATLAS-ZNovell
  • ATLAS-Z
    ATLAS-Z Member Posts: 6,693 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah counter would be super nice @Lexia 🙏

#Zombrex (Neo / Horizon / Genesis / Prime / Elite) 

Are you Lost? Alone? Looking for a killer team to have your back?
    Join ZOMBREX! We have a tiered guild structure so players of every level and ambition can find a home they fit in.
    Remember, search ZOMBREX FAMILY. 
    Our page :
    https://m.facebook.com/Zombrex2015/

Send me a PM or message ATLAS#5063 on Discord

Novell
  • MichelWars
    MichelWars Member Posts: 92 ✭✭✭
    It's funny that before this didn't happen, suddenly it started to happen and apparently it's something normal and not a bug, at least that's strange.

All the complaints started this week, but they're saying it's normal.
    BloodyChainsaw
  • Lexia
    Lexia Member Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be really great if everyone could read the comment I shared properly, especially the parts:

As far as we've been able to check from the game setups and also some of the reports we have received, there is no clear indication of any issue with the mode. 

I think some points that may be good to keep in mind. That said, if you are able to record or screenshot a clear situation where the above isn't happening (eg. you have less than 50 walkers on the map and the run ends), please do report it via support so we can continue investigation with the newfound information. 

Again, the map is different this week, so it may look like something is off although there isn't. We have not been able to find any issue so far, and more information and recordings are very welcomed for us to be able to investigate more. If setups all look good, very few reports with no concrete evidence is shared (which would help guide us to know where to look as everything looks normal), there is very little we can do. That still doesn't mean we wouldn't check further if we got more information to go on.
    BloodyChainsaws7eyeW8
  • BloodyChainsaw
    And who in they’re right mind is gonna keep wasting time and gold to sit there and retry this hoping to get booted yet again? Obviously no one including myself who experienced this issue multiple times isn’t making this up for the fun of this thread 😂. It happened and it wasn’t fun or what should be happening on this mode. Like others have suggested might as well get rid of the 50 walker limit thing which makes 0 sense anyhow and then we can eliminate a this possibility from the equation, it’s called process of elimination to get to the root of the problem. 
    MichelWarss7eyeW8